If you would like to have your book reviewed here on Erotica For The Big Brain, please read and follow these simple guidelines.
1. Understand, I cannot accept every request. There simply aren't enough hours in
a week, and I have other committments as well as a regular daily writing
schedule of my own to maintain. Thus, I reserve the right to limit the number of
books I will accept for review in any given month to no more than two. (I may
take more or fewer as the demands of my schedule allow.)
2. I will
only review titles for which I can give an honest three stars at minimum.
3. As such, I am looking for stories that are exceptional on many
levels. For a start they must be well written, displaying proficiency in
grammar, spelling and punctuation. Texts need to be properly formatted for
fiction with standard paragraph indentation and consistent margins. Beyond that,
there should be a compelling story with relatable well-rounded characters in a
vibrant erotic atmosphere. I am consistently impressed (and very often turned
on) by originality, craftsmanship and professionalism. Dazzle me!
(NOTE: To be quite honest, I've read about as much bad BDSM fiction as a sane person could handle in a lifetime. I am sick and tired of stories in which Domination is equated with Sadism. I'm also extremely tired of "the naïve, virginal girl and the kinky billionaire with a dark past" plotline. If you want to have your book reviewed here, get a good, original idea first. You might be surprised how many other interesting subgenres there are!)
your book has been published on Amazon Kindle, send me a link to its product
page so I can check out the "Look Inside" sample. You can reach me via e-mail at
Assuming I like what I see in your sample, I will ask you to send me the .mobi
file for the book so I can forward it to my Kindle. This is important; I have a
visual impairment and it is extremely difficult for me to read PDF files and
some small-type hardcopies. I prefer to read on my Kindle Touch as I can easily
adjust font size, Also, since I take copious notes while reading, the Kindle's
bookmark feature is a huge time-, labor-, and life-saving device. (NOTE: as of 1 July, 2014, I will only accept .mobi files; no PDFs, hard copies or "traditional" books; no exceptions.)
6. If you wish, I will
notify you when the review goes live, Generally, I post reviews first
on Erotica For The Big Brain (every other Sunday) and the Amazon site the following Mondays. I no longer post reviews on Barnes & Noble because their site is too "buggy" and unpredictable, and I have better things to do with my time. If you would like to have the EFTBB review on B&N, Smashwords, Goodreads or some other site, please feel free to post it there yourself, being sure to credit me (see #7)
7. Authors may freely quote, copy or repost any of the reviews appearing on Erotica For The Big Brain in whole or in part for promotional or educational purposes. Please be sure to make proper attribution of any quote or repost (e.g. "review by Terrance Aldon Shaw, Erotica For The Big Brain").
8. Please be sure to "vote up" the review when it appears on Amazon. This will help to increase my reviewer ranking, which will, in turn, increase the visibility of the things I review--including your book. While I can't "force" you to do this, it is a courtesy I greatly appreciate.
A NOTE TO PUBLISHERS AND AGENTS
9. EFTBB is NOT a promotional site. I do not provide "service reviews" or do author interviews.
If you wish to have your titles considered for review, please follow the guidelines listed above. Again, note, I will only accept .mobi files, which I can transfer to my Kindle--no exceptions.
If this sounds reasonable, send me your
links and we'll see what's what.