Sunday, March 31, 2013

Things to come

Those who check into this site from time to time may have noticed that things have been rather slow of late. This is due in no small part to my ongoing battle with clinical depression. I have been dealing with Bi-Polar II and PTSD for many years now, and sometimes the struggle can be very wearisome. In endeavoring to manage these conditions without the aid of antidepressants (which turn me into a complete zombie incapable of doing ANYTHING), I have to accept that sometimes there will be rather deep valleys to traverse. Thus it has been through most of March. But, as spring draws on, I hope to find my way back to a more conducive place, a temperate plateau somewhere between dark depression and blazing mania. Once there, those authors to whom I've promised reviews will have their write-ups. Please be patient.

Here are the books I will be reviewing over the next several months, Inclusion on this list already means I'm recommending the title; the reviews will offer greater detail and insight as to why.


Donna George Storey: Amorous Woman

Ashley Lister: How to Write Erotic Fiction and Sex Scenes

E.B. Jones, short stories: The Composition Book and Twenty-Four Frames per Second

Kathryn O’Halloran: Desire (short story collection)

Sam Rosenthal: Rye

I.J. Miller: Sex and Love (short story collection)

P.M. White: Volksie

Jeremy Edwards: The Pleasure Dial

Also, please note that updates to The Erotic Writer's Thesaurus continue to appear on this site once or twice a month. This is a fun project with no set quotas or deadline for completion, though I would like to have an e-book version with full internal navigation ready for publication sometime soon. Suggestions for new emtries and additional synonyms are always welcome. And, of course, I would love to hear from people about their user experiences with the page.

cheers

TAS

No comments:

Post a Comment