Wednesday, August 15, 2012

How to have your book reviewed here

As I am receiving more requests for reviews all the time, I'd like to save a bit of wear and tear on my fingers, and post a set of guidelines. I'll "pin" these on a separate page as well.

1. Understand, I cannot accept every request. There simply aren't enough hours in a week, and I have other committments as well as a regular daily writing schedule of my own to maintain. Thus, I reserve the right to limit the number of books I will accept for review in any given month to no more than two. (I may take more or fewer as the demands of my schedule dictate.) 

2. I will only review titles for which I can give an honest three stars at minimum.

3. As such, I am looking for stories that are exceptional on many levels. For a start they must be well written, displaying proficiency in grammar, spelling and punctuation. Texts need to be properly formatted for fiction with standard paragraph indentation and consistent margins. Beyond that, there should be a compelling story with relatable well-rounded characters, and a habitable erotic atmosphere. I am consistently impressed, and very often turned on, by originality, craftsmanship and professionalism. Dazzle me!

4, If your book has been published on Amazon Kindle, send me a link to its product page so I can check out the "Look Inside" sample. You can reach me via e-mail at taldonshaw@gmail.com.

5. Assuming I like what I see in your sample, I will ask you to send me the .mobi file for the book so I can forward it to my Kindle. This is important; I have a visual impairment and it is extremely difficult for me to read PDF files and some small-type hardcopies. I prefer to read on my Kindle Touch as I can easily adjust font size, Also, since I take copious notes while reading, the Kindle's bookmark feature is a huge time-, labor-, and lifesaver.

6. I will notify you when the review goes live, Generally, I post reviews simultaneously here on Erotica For The Big Brain and the Amazon site. I can also post the review (with additional editing) to the Barnes & Noble site, depending on the title's availablity.

So, if this sounds reasonable, send me your links and we'll see what's what.

cheers

TAS



No comments:

Post a Comment